“Who are you guys, again?”
Literary Sketches is the online extravaganza of Brian McDonough and Adam Van Wyk. They met as fellow cartoonists at their college newspaper a good while ago. Adam went on to a busy career in animation, while Brian worked mostly as a journalist. They are now planning to commit graphic adventure in a bookstore near you. Details to follow. This stuff takes time.
Adam Van Wyk
A lightning-fast storyboard artist who specializes in ‘splodey things. Highlights of his IMDB entry include:
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors and Green Lantern: First Flight
- Other Warner direct-to-video projects, including: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, Wonder Woman, Justice League: The New Frontier, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, and Superman: Doomsday
- Warner TV animation, including: Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Legion of Super Heroes, Teen Titans, Justice League, Batman Beyond
- Feature films: Rio, Despicable Me, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs and Ice Age: Meltdown
- Marvel TV and video: Thor: Tales of Asgard, Planet Hulk, The Spectacular Spider-Man
- Ben 10
- Kim Possible
- and, way back when, The Simpsons
Adam lives and works in Des Moines, with his wife, Jeni, daughter Charlotte and a player to be named later.
Brian is a managing editor at a marketing communications firm, where he produces a website for a major tech company. He has been a journalist, writing and editing for magazines, newspapers and websites covering general news, science and tech, the legal profession, and other things you’d rather he not bore you with. He’s decent with a camera, and mixes the best Manhattan you’ll ever have. He has been questioned by the police, but never arrested. He has worked in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Tokyo. He has done a variety of marketing work for startups and nonprofits. He reviews movies at Badmouth.net. He lives in Oakland, where he is working on all sorts of things that have yet to see the light of day, but who of us isn’t?
- Badmouth.net: Pop culture snacks.